How to Schedule an Appointment
You can schedule an appointment three ways:
1) Visit us in the library.
2) E-mail us at email@example.com, and include:
- The work/assignment you need help with, either in the body of the e-mail or attached as a .doc, .docx, .rtf, or .pdf file
- A brief explanation of the assignment as well as your writing concerns
- Days (M-F) and times you are able to schedule your appointment
We'll send a confirmation e-mail letting you know that your work has been received, and we will follow up in a second e-mail with the scheduled appointment time; please respond to the e-mail to confirm your appointment.
3) Use the online appointment form on this page.
Walk-ins: Walk-in appointments are generally accepted (pending tutor availability) during Writing Studio hours, but scheduled appointments are recommended! We need time to look over your assignment and prepare accordingly.
How to Get the Most Out of Your WS Appointment
The more prepared you are for your appointment,
the more we can accomplish!
Schedule your appointment at least 2 to 3 days before your due date to give us time to set up the appointment and read your work. For big assignments, we strongly recommend that you visit two weeks before your due date because you may need more than one session to polish your work. Follow-up appointments are highly recommended for these assignments.
- Review the appointment checklist.
- Be on time. If you can't make the appointment, please notify the staff to cancel.
What to Expect:
- We'll start by talking about what your specific needs are, and set an agenda for your session.
- We'll review your work with you, and you will actively participate in diagnosing problems and fixing them.
- We may ask you to write, edit, brainstorm, research, or complete online tutorials targeting specific writing concerns.
- The appointment will last from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
(New!) Schedule an Appointment Online
Make certain to bring the following materials to your appointment to help us better assist you:
__a copy of your assignment sheet
__a copy of your assignment progress (please also send in advance)
__a list of questions and/or concerns about your assignment