Library Reserves Policies
How to Create a Course Reserve
- Items that can be placed on Course Reserves include library owned books, DVDs, articles/poems/excerpts (up to 10% of a book), and items owned by the instructor.
- Items can be reserved for one semester at a time. All reserves will be cleared at the end of a term.
- Find the items you wish to put on reserve and consider what kind of reserve you wish to create:
- library use only,
- 1 day reserve (checked out before noon, due by noon the next day; checked out after noon, due by 4 p.m.)
- 3 day reserve (3 day checkout same return times as 1 day reserve)
Overdue fines are $5.00 per day for reserve items.
- Fill out a Reserve Request form with the item information (title, author, call number), and instructor and course information and submit. You can submit up to 6 items on each form. If you have more than 6, please submit additional forms.
You can take items off reserve during the semester after used in class making them available for others to use.